Tough times are looming, and how agents deal with them could be a make-or-break situation for many businesses.
With decades of experience in the property industry, and having lived through market booms and busts, crashes and chaos, we know from experience how the very best of us rise to the challenge, regroup, refocus, and create effective strategies to not just survive, but to thrive.
Putting on a smile and thinking you’ll scrape through it with a ‘Fake it ’til you make it’ attitude simply won’t cut it.
However, there are ways to relieve the pressure on both you and your pocket, whilst adopting a more ‘Create it and you WILL make it’ mindset.
Keeping Up Appearances
Humans are programmed to follow leaders and affiliate themselves with what they perceive to be the winning side. Therefore, when you consistently project an image of expertise, knowledge, leadership, and professionalism, you effectively create a persona of a successful agent and the one to choose when it’s time to move.
Thanks to technology, this is easily achievable online, and the bonus factor is, it’s how movers actually prefer to interact with you before initiating any in-person contact.
Of course, your online priority should always be your website as it’s your face to the world. This needs to be modern, user and mobile-friendly, and packed with interactive tools for movers such as valuation and calculator tools, blogs news articles, faqs, and more.
In fact, agents’ websites should have everything readily available for movers and tenants to get their move started, manage, register, report, and discover, all in one easy-to-use and accessible place.
Getting this right means that:
- You always look your very best, even on your worst days.
- Your most efficient team member is working hard for you 24/7/365.
- Your website has covered the basics for you and saved you time and money.
- You haven’t had to lift a finger.
We by no means suggest completely replacing agents with online tools. However, in today’s tech-savvy world, prospective movers don’t actually want to talk to you straight away. They want to find out all about you and what a move would entail on your website first.
Your website is your place to show potential clients that you are at the top of your game, and providing the best possible services in your area,
Plus, after the pandemic, if agents have learnt anything, it’s that:
- An office is nice not but essential.
- You can cut down dramatically on unnecessary viewings.
- You can work remotely from anywhere.
- You can be more flexible than you thought.
- Technology is not the enemy.
When you apply this more hybrid way of working, you can also start to reap the financial and practical rewards, such as:
- You can help both your staff and business save money on transport costs by letting team members work from home more often.
- Offer more flexible working hours to help ease childcare costs whilst offering a more customer-friendly and convenient service to movers.
- Reduce office overheads.
So when you are working out your strategy for coping and succeeding during difficult times, remember, you’ve already got the basics in your toolkit, you just need to polish them up and adapt them where necessary.
Ready to revitalise your online presence?
Search Jungle Drums
- Finance & Mortgages 9
- Legislation & Compliance 23
- News from The Jungle Drums 62
- Portfolio 1
- Property Market 50
- Proptech & Innovation 58
- Sales & Marketing 78
- Uncategorized 7